Funnel Optimization: Strategies from an Evergreen Webinar Funnel
A little bit more “happening” on this opt-in page compared to the last few we have reviewed.
For the 3rd week in a row (and not by design) we are reviewing an evergreen webinar opt-in page.
Now remember a good opt-in page is a good opt-in page whether you are getting people to sign up for a webinar, launch workshop, lead magnet or newsletter. The language may differ but the conversion principles remain the same.
Inspiration for your landing page:
- Let’s zoom out for a second. If you have a digital product or program (or are thinking about launching one) you know how important your sales page is. With this webinar James is solving a top 1% problem for online business owners. This is an incredibly smart play. Oftentimes the success of your funnel will be dictated before you ever draft a line of copy for your opt-in page or ads. Choose wisely. What’s a top 1% problem for your audience?
- A personal photo. Eyes connecting with the audience and smiling. This is my go to starting image for an opt-in page. Also notice how James finger leads your eyes directly to the “Register Now” button.
- We are hit straight away with “>>>>> FREE TRAINING!<<<<<”. Now some people argue that “Free” attracts a certain kind of person but the conversion stats don’t lie. Including free in both Facebook ads and landing pages can increase your conversions. As with everything testing is important but I like to start with free and then test it’s absence rather than the other way around.
- This is a strong headline “5 Sales Page Hacks” – We have specificity in the 3,5,7,9 series which you know I’m a fan of. Everyone wants a short cut, they want a guarantee that all their dreams will come true, immediately, without doing any work. “Hacks” promise all this in one word. Again there is a certain type of person to whom hacks will appeal. But it is the vast majority of people.
- The sub head paints the desired future outcome – “get your digital program or product into the hands of thousands” – “high-converting sales page”
- “You’re About to Discover” What you will discover is much more powerful than “What you will learn”. It makes it sound exciting and an adventure. It is also future paces you past registering. It is a soft form of an embedded command.
- How my client Erika made an extra $30,000 simply by adding this one element to her sales page is the strongest line on the page. You need to hunt for results like this in your business to use them for this very purpose. This one line could sell the webinar in it’s own right.
- This is an evergreen webinar so there is no time deadline. The next best psychological trigger to a deadline is scarcity. As this is evergreen, using “limited seats” is questionable, however, I am sure there is a cap on the maximum number of concurrent users on the system.