Welcome to L.A.U.N.C.H., the newsletter that takes the world of Facebook ads, funnels A.I. and launching and turns it into a fun, easy-to-read email for you each week.
We take lemons and make beef stew.
Here’s what we got for you today:
- Meta’s ad-targeting practices violate EU rules
- How to Keep People Watching YouTube Videos to the End
- Instagram Chief Outlines Key Areas of Focus for the App in 2023
- New A.I. Tools To Grow Your Online Business
- Start Using A.I. Today
- Uplevel Ad Review – Kelly Roach
- Now Launching – Kelly Roach – Scale With Simplicity
- Click Hunting – Using A.I.D.A to Season Your Stew
- 3 Rules To Live By – Charlie Munger
L – Latest News
Meta is fighting a $414 million fine for breaches of GDPR.
Instagram Chief Outlines Key Areas of Focus for the App in 2023
If you’re running Facebook or Instagram ads, this could have massive implications for your ad strategy. Watch this closely.
Plus, who doesn’t love a good ole’ fashioned fines and legal drama?
If you want to make more people watch your videos on YouTube and keep them engaged, this blog post is a must-read!
It breaks down the four key elements of a successful YouTube video and shows you how to structure your content for maximum watch time.
Is Instagram losing its identity? Find out what the platform’s top priorities are for 2023″
Are you curious about Instagram’s plans for the future and how they’ll stay relevant in a constantly evolving social media landscape?
Check out this post to get the scoop on the platform’s three main focus areas for the coming year.
A – A.I. For Growth
New A.I. Tools To Grow Your Online Business
Automatically record notes, action items, and decisions during meetings
Draft replies to your emails automatically in your writing style
Read and understand legal docs 10x faster
Start Using A.I. Today…
“Get Your Ad Copy Poppin’ with ChatGTP: A Guide to Writing Facebook Ad Copy That Converts”
As a business owner, you know how important it is to have a strong social media presence. Facebook is one of the biggest players in the game, with over 2.7 billion monthly active users. That’s a lot of potential customers!
But with so much competition out there, it’s important to make sure your ad campaigns stand out. And one of the key elements to any successful ad campaign is the copy.
But let’s be real – coming up with ad copy can be a real pain. It’s tough to strike the right balance between being attention-grabbing and sounding too salesy. And if you’re not a natural wordsmith, it can be downright intimidating. That’s where ChatGTP comes in.
ChatGTP is a tool that uses artificial intelligence to generate creative and compelling ad copy in a matter of seconds. All you have to do is input a few key details about your business and target audience, and ChatGTP does the rest. It’s like having a team of experienced copywriters at your fingertips!
But don’t just take our word for it. We decided to put ChatGTP to the test and see how it stacked up against our own ad copy skills. We inputted some basic information about a “fictional” membership that helps people grow their online business with Facebook Ads.
Here’s the prompt:
Write a 200-word Facebook Ad for a membership called Lead2launch that helps course creators and membership site owners attract leads and make sales with Facebook Ads. Then ask them to sign up at https://michealoneill.com/lead2launch. Write it in a fun, witty, and irreverent tone.
Here’s the output:
Are you tired of struggling to attract leads and make sales with your Facebook Ads? Well, say goodbye to those woes with Lead2launch! Our membership is designed specifically for entrepreneurs like you who want to take their Facebook Ad game to the next level.
With Lead2launch, you’ll get access to a wealth of resources, including step-by-step tutorials, insider tips and tricks, and a supportive community of like-minded individuals who are all working towards the same goal: maximizing the potential of their Facebook Ads.
So, why wait? Sign up for Lead2launch today and start seeing real results from your ad campaigns. Trust us, your future self will thank you.
Ready to join the Lead2launch crew? Head on over to https://michealoneill.com/lead2launch and sign up now! Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to take your business to new heights.
U – Uplevel Ads
This video ad is from Kelly Roach leading into her Scale with Simplicity, 5-Day Workshop.
Some key takeaways:
- I’m not a fan of the direct callout “For Coaches & Consultants who want….”. This is a lazy approach to copywriting. I prefer a problem/solution or pain/pleasure approach to capture attention in the opening hook of an ad. This can either be in the form of a question, statement, or quote.
- The hook is specific – 7 figures in 12 months. The more specific your copy, the more interest will be invoked, and the more people will pay attention.
- Kelly establishes authority quickly. One improvement here is to flip the order of the 2nd paragraph. Put the customers first. People don’t care that Kelly has built an 8 figure business. They want to know if she can help them build a 7 figure business. But they need to know that Kelly has the experience and knowledge to help them do what she is promising.
- Kelly provokes desire at a good point with a short, easy-to-understand question. Will you be next? Questions are an essential element of Ad copy. Make sure you include, so questions to draw people deeper into the conversation.
- The “what” of the primary promise is strong. From “Overwhelmed owner-operators to visionary CEOs”.
- The transformational promise is good but could be improved by making it more specific. For example, what could you see people doing when they have abundance and freedom?
- The ad rounds out a direct CTA. I prefer using a transformational CTA. Click the link below to scale to 7-figures this year.
- A big improvement would be to include some information about how they are going to help people achieve the primary promise. What is the offer of the ad?
N – Now Launching
Kelly Roach has opened up registration for her pre-launch, a 5-day challenge/workshop.
Some key takeaways:
- A beautifully clean and simple opt-in page.
- I always like to test an image of the creator on a pre-launch opt-in page. It begins the relationship-building process, which is needed during the offer phase.
- Note that Kelly didn’t include a logo. Logos don’t move people to action. Brand building can come after the opt-in. The only goal is to get people to click the link and register for the workshop.
- The primary promise is clear from the headline and subhead. Undoubtedly this opt-in page will convert well for Kelly as she has an established track record. However, there is nothing unique about her proposition or her mechanism. Without a big name or a track record, she would have to work harder to show how she is different to everyone else, offering something similar.
- She could also do a better job of painting the transformation. What will life be like when you have a multi-million.
- It is important for a challenge or a live launch that you give people some idea of the dates. Too much or too little info will lower your conversion rate. I like how Kelly has outlined the schedule. This is something you can copy directly from her page –
Free 5-day workshop starting
January 23rd at 12:00pm EST
- “Learn the proven process” is a staple copywriting technique to give people certainty that not alone do you know how to do something but you can help them achieve the same outcome. If you have a process, then anyone can follow it and get the same results.
C – Click Hunting
Alright, listen up folks! If you want more clicks and engagement in any copy, you draft, you need to apply A.I.D.A
AIDA is a copy model that stands for
And let me tell you, it’s the secret sauce to making your customers crave your product!
First up, Attention. This is all about getting your customer to notice you and your primary promise. Think of it like being at a crowded party, you gotta be the one that catches their eye and makes them wanna come talk to you.
Next up, Interest. Now that you’ve got their attention, you gotta keep ’em interested. Think of it like a first date, you want to be interesting enough to make them want to see you again.
Now for the big one, Desire. This is where you make your customer want what your offering so bad, they can almost taste it. Think of it like being at a fancy restaurant and seeing a dish that looks so delicious, your mouth starts watering.
And finally, Action. This is the call to action, the part where you tell your customer what to do next, whether it’s singing up for your lead magnet or buying your offer. It’s like being asked out on a second date, you gotta make it clear what the next step is.
And that’s it, AIDA in a nutshell! Remember, it’s all about getting their attention, keeping their interest, building desire, and taking action!
H – Hot Take
What you do matters.
The world needs you.
P.S. If you like this newsletter and want to support it, you can:
1) Join the waitlist for Lead2Launch next enrollment date here: https://michealoneill.com/join-the-waitlist
2) Forward this newsletter to a friend with an invitation to subscribe right here: https://michealoneill.com/launch