Challenge Launch Funnel – Strategies for High Conversions
There’s always more than one way to skin a cat….Let’s dive into an interesting Challenge Launch Funnel from Marisa Murgatroyd.
Selling online is continuously evolving.
As a launch method becomes popular, it loses its magic, and we need to innovate.
Challenge launches have been all the rage since the summer of 2020.
Getting sign-ups for a challenge was like shooting fish in a barrel.
2023 is a very different world. That doesn’t mean that challenges don’t work anymore.
It just means we need a little more ingenuity.
Marisa is following a trend we started to see emerge about 6-8 months ago.
I call it the double funnel launch. We’ve analyzed a similar approach by Ryan Levesque back in issue 53 of the Newsletter.
This approach splits your paid traffic between sending people directly to the opt-in for the challenge and sending people to a lead magnet opt-in that offers the challenge as your next step.
The hope here is that you can reduce your front-end lead acquisition cost, as the CPL for the lead magnet can be 25%-50% of the cost of a challenge opt-in.
Reviewing funnels every week, it feels like the days of a fully free launch workshop are limited.
The VIP upsell is now a constant feature in most launches, and seeing the conversion stats of people with paid launches, it’s getting harder and harder to argue for the free model.
So let’s take a look at Marisa’s double funnel opt-in pages:
Lead Magnet Opt-in Page
Challenge Opt-in Page
I’m a big fan of Marisa’s clean and simple opt-in page designs.
The stand-out element of both pages is the headlines:
- The 20 Most Profitable Online Course Mega-Niches
- The Fast, Free, Proven Way to Make Sure Your Online Course Idea Is Profitable — Before You Create It
Fast, Free and Proven – 3 massive conversion boosting words one after another.
Both headlines deal with objections.
I don’t know what niche to pick & I don’t know if people will buy my course.
I love how these are sequential problems.
Marisa is casting a wide net.
The lead magnet hooks people who want to start an online business but don’t yet know their topic.
The challenge is for people who have a topic but don’t know where to go next.
The beauty of the double funnel is that Facebook will be able to identify the perfect people for each funnel and will target them accordingly.
Jump down to Uplevel Ads to see Marisa’s ad copy.
Challenge Launch Funnel Swipe Files:
- SWIPE FILE – 0061 – Marisa Murgatroyd – Lead Magnet Opt-in Page
- SWIPE FILE – 0061 – Marisa Murgatroyd – Lead Magnet Opt-in Page Pop Up
- SWIPE FILE – 0061 – Marisa Murgatroyd – Lead Magnet Opt-in Page TY Survey Pop Up
- SWIPE FILE – 0061 – Marisa Murgatroyd – Lead Magnet Opt-in Page TY Page
- SWIPE FILE – 0061 – Marisa Murgatroyd – Challenge Opt-in Page
- SWIPE FILE – 0061 – Marisa Murgatroyd – Challenge Opt-in Pop Up
- SWIPE FILE – 0061 – Marisa Murgatroyd – Challenge Opt-in TY Upsell Page